PROTECTING PERSONAL DATA (IN TERMS OF GDPR)
1. The protection of all personal data is treated as a serious obligation by Drs. Demajo Dental Clinics and Labs and its processing depends on the consent of the data subject (this includes holders of parental responsibility acting on behalf of minors). The provision of any data to Dr. Jean Paul Demajo (exercising his profession under the name of Drs. Demajo Dental Clinics and Labs) grants full consent for the use of any personal information as well as any medical data (including images and models) relative to the care accorded by Drs. Demajo Dental Clinics and labs. Contact data which helps in identification, such as name, surname and telephone number, is used for communication and for the scheduling of appointments, in relation to dental health and care, as well as to serve provide an automated reminder process, with appointment details and reminders. Medical data will be processed in order to be able to provide dental services. Data relating to finding out about Drs. Demajo Dental Clinics will be stored for statistical and marketing purposes.
2. The data will not be used for other purposes.
3a. The data controller is Dr. Jean Paul Demajo, who may be contacted on: 00356 9982 2906. The places of business are: 1/3 Marina Court, G. Cali Street, Ta’ Xbiex, Malta, 26/6 Merchants Street Valletta, as well as the dental laboratory at 1/1 Marina Court, G. Cali Street, Ta’ Xbiex, and Med Dental Laboratories.
3b. The Data Protection Officer is Mrs. Sue Micallef who can be contacted on 21344346/7. The principal place of business of the Data Protection Officer is 1/3 Marina Court, G.Cali Street, Ta’Xbiex.
4. The data provided is not transferred to any other person, except for basic personal contact data, which, devoid of medical data, is shared with a London based company called TXTconnexions Ltd., and any third party processors it may appoint. The purpose of this data sharing is the delivery of appointment reminders varying from six months to a few days preceding the upcoming appointment.
5. The data is not transferred to any international organisation/s or to any third country/ies. The entirety of the collected data is stored for as long as the data subject remains a patient of Drs. Demajo Dental Clinics and Labs. However, some data may be kept further, for as long as Dr. Jean Paul Demajo (exercising his profession under the name of Drs. Demajo Dental Clinics and Labs), may require for reasons required, or allowed by law, including for the purpose of instituting, excercising and defending himself from claims, and for research and statistical purposes.
6. The data subject enjoys the right to request access to, and rectification or erasure of, the personal data collected. The data subject also enjoys the right to request the restriction of processing of all data concerning the data subject or to object to its processing as well as the right to data portability. The right to data portability refers to the data subject’s right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and includes the right to transmit the data to another controller without hindrance. This also includes the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from Dr. Jean Paul Demajo (exercising his profession under the name of Drs Demajo Dental Clinics) to another data controller, where technically feasible;
7. The data subject can withdraw consent to the use of the data at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal. Withdrawal of consent can be requested by the sending of an email to email@example.com or by calling 00356 9982 2906. Upon withdrawal of consent, Dr. Jean Paul Demajo (exercising his profession under the name of Drs. Demajo Dental Clinics) shall also direct TXTconnexions Ltd., to delete, or return, personal data and copies thereof, depending on the data subject’s wish, including any data in possession of third party processors whom it may have appointed;
8. The data subject enjoys the right to lodge a complaint, with regards to any concern relating to data protection, with the Information and Data Protection Commissioner;
9a. The granting of consent for the use of contact data and medical data is necessary for the provision of dental care service by Dr. Jean Paul Demajo (exercising his profession under the name of Drs. Demajo Dental Clinics and Labs) and any other member of staff. However, the granting of other data, and/or of consent for its use, is not necessary for the provision of said dental care;
9b. For the dental services to be offered, the data controller shares data with members of staff as the case may be who are in all cases also bound to respect data protection;
10. The data is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation;
11. The data subject enjoys the right to object, at no cost, to the use of personal data particularly for direct marketing purposes.
Website Design by Think Malta